Recommended related products from our store:

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Preventative Care and Energetic Healing for Your Dog

Click to enter our WEBSHOP to buy related products!

Each week, we invite a different intuitive to answer a question from a reader. If you'd like to submit a question for Rose please email her directly.

Free Advice from Animal Reiki Shaman, Rose De Dan

doggie exam Dear Rose, Gigi, my black doggy has had a very bad cough since November. They gave her meds at the vet, but no change. I can't afford to pay $300 now to cure her. Could it be that she needs her annual shots, which she hasn't had yet? She has no heartworms. Please! Help, I love her so much. Thank you kindly.

luv, Sue

Dear Susan, I am sorry to hear that Gigi is still suffering with a bad cough. I do understand how challenging and worrying it can be to watch a loved one suffer and not be able to afford the cost of treatment.

To assist Gigi in future you might consider purchasing pet insurance to help with future vet bills. Best Friends Animal Society just introduced a pet insurance plan that not only protects your animal companion's health, but also helps support their efforts to insure a brighter future for homeless animals.

I am very glad to hear that Gigi does not have heartworm. There are many other possible causes for the cough, and veterinary treatment would require a diagnosis, something I am not qualified to do.

Just as a vet would do a thorough workup in order to arrive at a course of treatment, my own clients undergo a formal intake for an individual session, which is outside the scope of this column.

Speaking generally, Gigi may have an imbalance in her energy field related to her chest/lungs which could potentially be addressed by the use of acupuncture, Reiki, shamanic or other energy modalities, but I would be hesitant to pursue that course of action without including veterinary support.

If you do want to add energetic healing to the mix and cost is an issue you might consider taking a Reiki Level I class. It is a low cost solution for a lifetime of benefits for Gigi and yourself, or perhaps you have a friend who has taken a class who might be willing to offer his/her services.

You asked if Gigi could have the cough because of being overdue for her annual vaccination. Vaccinations are intended to prevent contraction of an infectious disease, they are never used as a cure--vaccination would not offer any benefit to Gigi currently. And since she is currently ill, updating her vaccinations at this time may actually do more harm than good.

Since you mention a yearly schedule of vaccinations I am concerned that Gigi may be at risk for over-vaccination. Many people and many vets are unaware that the protocol on annual vaccinations has changed. For three decades veterinary immunologists have been stating that annual vaccination is unnecessary. In Spring of 2003 the American Animal Hospital Association Canine Vaccine Task Force released its vaccination guidelines, recommending consideration of a three-year protocol rather than yearly. Holistic vets go even further, suggesting that repeated vaccination for the same disease has the potential to cause allergic reactions, hyperthyroid disease, autoimmune diseases, cancer, kidney failure, seizures and more.

For more information and guidelines on when to vaccinate your dog check out To vaccinate or not to vaccinate - that is the question! by veterinary acupuncturist Dr. Lena McCullough.

My very best wishes to you and Gigi for a successful resolution and a bright and healthy future together.

Rose De Dan,
Animal Reiki Shaman

Disclaimer: Rose De Dan shares insights derived from spirit and through animal communication. Any advice she offers is not meant as a substitute for veterinary care.

Meet Our In House Intuitives

Dean Golja / Getty Images Join Me on Facebook | Get My Twitter Updates | Visit My Forum

View the original article here

Enter Our HEALTHYCINE STORE here! Find Related Products

1 comment:

  1. I’m here to testify about what DR. ISIBOR did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 3 years and had constant pain and inching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Rose Smith on the internet testifying about a Man called DR. ISIBOR on how he cured her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advise anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him I have faith he can cure me too,, DR. ISIBOR prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more inching , pain on me anymore as DR. ISIBOR assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test behold the result came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HIV, ALS, CANCER etc. you can contact DR. ISIBOR for help via email} drisiborspellhome@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete